Let me start with the bad news: age is still a major risk for arthritis of the knee….And now the good news: If you fall victim, the best knee brace for arthritis pain should help lessen the suffering and ultimately contribute to your full recovery! (Big thumbs up to our medics for this)
Perhaps you are already wondering which these knee braces are for osteoarthritis patients.
Well, I will reveal them shortly.
But before, let’s get a few items out of the way.
So, what is Knee Arthritis?
Arthritis is chronic inflammation of your knee joint and leads to stiffness and pain.
It’s caused by degeneration of the knee joint cartilage.
Your immune system will in some cases target the lining of your joint leading to arthritic symptoms.
Uric acid crystals, other illnesses, and certain infections can also bring arthritis.
Should You Wear A Knee Brace?
People often ask: “do knee braces help arthritis pain”
And the answer is a BIG Yes!
The best knee cap for arthritis helps reduce pain in your knee are by smartly shifting weight from the painful part of your knee.
This has several fantastic results:
It will allow your ligaments to heal.
Psychologically, they boost your confidence and motivate you to engage in exercise- which can, in turn, help you forget your injury.
It has also been seen that arthritic elders are able to stand longer and even to walk comfortably when wearing braces.
In 2012, JPO (Journal of Prosthetics & Orthotics) reported that 98.6% of patients with orthoses experienced less pain.
What Are Knee Braces For Arthritis?
The majority are light, comfortable, and very supportive.
Types Of Knee Braces For Arthritis
Before I explain how to get the best knee brace for arthritis pain, it’s good I tell you this: they come in different shapes and styles.
Here are the most common types:
1. Unloader/Offloader Braces
Made either from foam or molded plastic, these help osteoarthritis patients by unloading stress from affected areas.
They reduce sudden impact by forcing your knee to bend towards the non-affected part.
2. Functional Braces
This model is very common.
They comprise of stretchable neoprene and have metal hinges on both sides (of the knee).
They are the best when recovering from surgery or serious injuries.
3. Prophylactic Braces
These have straps, hinges, and bars.
They help in preventing further injuries, reduce numbness, and superbly support all your collateral ligaments.
Athletes love them.
4. Rehabilitative Braces
In addition to the hinges and rigid bars, these contain foam liners.
They restricting motion in your knee and are post-surgery healing aids..
Best Knee Support Brace For Arthritis Pain
1. Winzone Knee Brace Knee Brace For Arthritis.
These Winzone Compression Knee Braces For Arthritis (Check It On Amazon) have the open patella design and special bevel straps and compress nicely around your knee nicely, helping to relieve arthritis pain more quickly
In addition to fitting on either the left or right knee, it’s adjustable meaning you can easily shift it around until it covers the most painful zone.
To prevent it from slipping when you are moving, the Velcro straps easily attach to clothing and to almost everything else.
Best of all, it’s made of high-quality neoprene sleeve which is not only breathable but also offers added protection plus improving blood circulation to your muscles.
All in all, this knee braces for bone on bone arthritis delivers a very comfortable experience
- Open patella design
- Breathable Neoprene sleeve
- Adjustable Velcro straps
- It’s adjustable and can easily be moved to the area with most pain.
- You knee continue to breathe and your muscles will enjoy an improved blood circulation.
- It fit well on either knee while the Velcro straps will ensure it doesn’t slip off as you move.
- Nobody will notice you are wearing a knee brace. It remains discreet under your clothing.
- It remains comfortable when walking as well as when sitting.
- It has some initial smell though it eventually dies off.
This knee brace for arthritis pain is made of breathable neoprene and has supportive bevel straps.
Together with handy Velcro straps, it delivers a very comfortable healing experience from arthritis pain.
2. Braceit K2 Comfortline Knee Brace For Osteoarthritis Patients.
A universal knee brace for pain, this Braceit K2 Comfortline Knee Brace (Check It On Amazon) works comfortably on both legs.
If you are not sure about the correct measurements for your knee support brace, this will perhaps solve your pain as first, it’s custom made to fit any knee size and secondly, it’s fully adjustable so you will be able to flex it till you feel comfortable
It features neoprene liners and foam padded straps which deliver a soft but fitting grip while ensuring it remains suspended nicely for extended support.
Whenever you exert pressure on your knee joint, the strong steel polycentric hinges smartly transfer your body weight from the thigh to the calf and so you don’t feel the effects of extra load or awkward movements on your painful knee.
This high-performance brace also has air condyles on the two brace joints and thus provide much-needed relief to all the sensitive ligaments around your knee joint.
For this reason, it’s one of the most recommended knee braces for osteoarthritis patients
- High-strength Steel (Stainless)polycentric hinges
- Silicon-coated neoprene frame liners
- Foam strap pads
- Plastic low-profile frame
- Air Condyles (on the 2 brace joints)
- It confirms around your body’s anatomy providing an extraordinary grip.
- Its lightweight and you hardly feel it when going about your daily activities
- This fits each and every knee measurement remaining stable all along
- It has a low profile making it very easy to use
- It’s extremely comfortable thanks padding straps and the neoprene liners
- Its plastic frame may not last as long as some of the competition
An advanced knee brace to help with arthritis pain, this is custom to fit all knees sizes.
It’s also intelligently transfers pressure from your suffering knee to the calf and is an amazing un-loader knee brace.
3. EXOUS Knee Brace For Arthritis Pain Support Protector.
Most knee braces for arthritis have 2 and at most 3 straps- and move or slip from the knee as soon as you start moving.
Not this EXOUS Knee Brace (Check It On Amazon).
It has a unique 4-way compression system making it one of the best knee brace for arthritis.
It thus beautifully hugs your knee all round delivering complete medical support while propping up weak knees.
The 2 special patella straps help to relieve the patella tendon in addition to stabilizing your knee cap.
And this specially designed knee brace to help with arthritis pain has the skin friendly lycra lining on the inside.
This helps to reduce friction around the knee area meaning you can continue with your daily chores even as you recover from arthritis pain.
- 4-way compression system
- 2 dedicated patella straps
- Skin friendly lycra interiors
- Non-bending Velcro
- The 4 anchor points hug your knee superbly delivering essential healing support.
- It doesn’t slip or wobble out of position.
- It doesn’t heat up the knee even on steaming summer days.
- This is lightweight. You will easily forget you’re wearing it as soon as you get down to business.
- The separate Velcro helps to adjust the pressure around the knee to optimum
- The patella straps run a little bit short and may not support your patella fully.
- It takes a bit of time before it stretches fully for maximum comfort
This has 2 special patella straps and a skin friendly lycra interior.
But it is the 4-way compression system that makes it such a popular choice among the best compression knee braces for arthritis
4. VIVE Hinged Knee Brace For Arthritis.
Though arthritis usually affects the inner side of your knee leaving the lateral (outer) part unaffected, we have instances where it works in reverse.
In such cases where the lateral part is suffering, you need braces with excellent lateral knee support arthritis such as the Vive Hinged Knee Brace For Arthritis (Check It On Amazon).
You cannot miss them in most osteoarthritis knee brace reviews because they are more stable than even unloader knee braces arthritic knees due to a more complex design and premium support.
In this case, you get outstanding lateral support from the aluminum support hinges included in this brace.
The hinges are found on either side so you are guaranteed all the required support to heal from arthritis.
The open patella design helps relief pain from the patella tendon while the surrounding neoprene material doesn’t irritate.
Air flows in well boosting your muscles while ensuring superior blood circulation.
- Aluminum support hinges
- Latex-free neoprene
- Open patella design.
- Extra strong top/bottom fasteners
- The strong fasteners ensure it doesn’t readjust once you have fitted it.
- The neoprene breathes hence you will remain comfortable throughout the day
- It delivers premium support from the hinges found on both sides.
- Its design makes it easier to wear and remove
- It’s reasonably priced
- It feels a little bulky under the pants
An overabundance of lateral support makes this one of the best knee sleeve for arthritis.
And it’s one of the easiest to wear/remove plus size knee brace for arthritis
5. Techware Pro Knee Support For Arthritis.
Another name to often crop up whenever medical professionals are debating about the best knee brace for arthritis pain is this Techware Pro Well-Made Knee Brace (Check It On Amazon).
This is mainly due to the alternating Velcro closures which not only help to stabilize the patella but also go a long way in reducing pain around your knee.
Because of this bidirectional support (The central strap goes opposite of the lower and upper straps), it delivers handy support to the entire leg.
Further to this, the four flexible spring stabilizers protect your knee cap against sudden impact on top of steadying the entire region.
The non-slip silicone strips ensure that it stays in place even when climbing upstairs.
Then, as expected, the light neoprene wicks away moisture keeping you cozy all day long.
Lastly, the gel pad helps in reducing inflammation and swelling.
- Bidirectional support (alternating Velcro closures)
- Open patella design
- 4 spring stabilizers.
- Non-slip Neoprene
- Gel pad
- It offers the support you need to continue moving about even when recovering.
- It surrounds the knee uniformly ensuring that the whole area recovers simultaneously.
- With 4 stabilizers and tough Velcro closures, this will never shift from its position.
- It’s bigger and works even with patients with larger legs.
- Its solid, well-made, and ultimately of very high quality.
- May feel way too large for users who aren’t that big.
One of the best orthopedic knee braces for arthritis, this delivers plenty of helpful bi-directional support.
It’s also neither shifty nor bulky.
Buying Guide For The Best Knee Brace For Arthritis Pain.
Now we will look at the features that can make a difference in knee braces.
Here is how to land the best knee brace for arthritis pain.
Apart from offering maximum support, it preferably should allow blood to continue reaching surrounding muscles.
Compression is also desirable as it helps in soothing muscles and boosting blood flow.
If it provides therapeutic warmth, the better. You will be thankful during the cold seasons when pain is most severe.
To heal, you will need as much support as possible.
Gel padding will offer some support to your knee cap. Your brace should also support collateral ligaments.
Braces with the four-strap compression system provide all-around support.
Size should fit snugly and be adjustable.
It should also have Velcro straps to help it stay in position even when you’re moving.
It should be easy to clean. By the way, neoprene is super easy to clean.
Some have machine washable parts.
- Ease Of Wear/Removal
The best knee brace for arthritis pain should be designed in such a way that it’s easy to put on and remove.
On the same note, let it be lightweight so that you can even forget you’re wearing it and set you free to undertake even intense activities
You don’t have to suffer from knee arthritis pain. The best knee brace for arthritis pain offers a great remedy and will help rescue your painful knee so that you can continue performing your daily chores. When selecting, be sure to check for handy features such as functionality, support, fit, maintenance, and ease of wear/removal.
We also looked at some amazing knee braces to give you a feel of what to expect/
And with that, I feel you’re fully equipped to finally get a workable solution for your knee arthritis.