|1. Drive Medical||2. Drive Medical||3. Innuovo|
As people get old, they start experiencing difficulty in walking for one reason or another. Handicap scooters for sale are among the best mobility scooter to help with mobility at this age together with canes, wheelchair and walkers.
while all the other mobility devices work just fine in helping you move from point A to point B, mobility scooters for sale have an improved design that offer more independence, convenience and comfort.
These motorized devices are able to maneuver on a wide range of terrains making it easy and fun to manage errands and enjoy the outdoors.
What Are Handicap Scooters?
Handicap scooters are mobility aids powered by batteries or electricity to help a disabled or elderly person move easily from one place to the other.
This mobility device can also be used by old people with mobility issues. Â The handicap or old person scooter has a seat over three or four wheels, foot plate and handlebars on a tiller to help with steering.
A portable scooter for elderly and disabled has many advantages over all other types of mobility aids with one of them being ease of use because a person without the arm strength to control a manual wheelchair can be able to ride a scooter.
They also look cooler and hip hence making disability and old age less shameful for users.
Why Are Handicap Scooters/ Mobility Scooters for Senior Citizens Important?
- Handicap scooters for sale enable people with mobility issues to remain independent and be able to do normal things and run errands without much help.
- An electric scooter for adults comes in handy when the distance you want to go is too short to drive but too long to walk.
- Electric handicap scooters are easier to steer and control than manual wheelchairs and they are also more fun.
- The powerful batteries and sophisticated wheelbase mean that there is no terrain that is too hard for a scooter so the user can go anywhere.
- Scooters for elderly for sale are more comfortable on your body because you have to sit upright on the comfortable seat and place your legs on the footrest.
Top 6 Best Mobility Scooters for the Elderly 2021
1. Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter, 4 Wheel
Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter is one of the best handicap scooters elderly people can have because it provides amazing stability on any terrain.
The scooter is all about comfort thanks to the adjustable padded swivel seat, backrest and armrests.
The Delta-shaped steering wheel on this electric scooter for seniors makes driving very easy even for people with limited dexterity.
- Weight capacity of
- Speed of 4.25 miles per hour
- Non-marking anti-slip wheels
- Interchangeable blue and red panels
- Quick connect 2 batteries pack
- It’s very easy to steer
- Its compact, lightweight and easy to disassemble for portability
- It is extremely comfortable even to ride for many hours
- Solid construction
- Charges quickly
- There are no complaints from customers.
2. Drive Medical Phoenix 4 Wheel Heavy Duty Scooter For Adults
Drive Medical Phoenix 4 Wheel Heavy Duty Scooter is an amazing portable electric scooter for seniors because it’s quick and easy to disassemble when you are travelling.
This well-constructed electric scooter for elderly is endowed with so many features that it feels more like a car than a scooter.
- Quick connect batteries
- Interchangeable color panels between blue and red
- Height adjustable swivel seat
- Large, plastic carry basket
- Easy to adjust tiller
- Flat-free, non-marking tires and anti-tip wheels
- 350lbs. Capacity
- Very comfortable thanks to the well-padded and adjustable seat, armrests and two-tone upholstery and fold down backrest
- It’s extremely stable and maneuvers well on any rough terrain
- Lightweight and easy to dismantle for portability
- Great for larger men and women
- Ergonomic throttle control with easy freewheel operation makes it very easy to control and steer the scooter
- It doesn’t go for 15 miles on a fully-charged battery.
3. Innuovo Electric Wheelchair Scooter 330lb
Innuovo Electric Wheelchair Scooter is one of the best motorized scooters for the elderly in the market and it is full of amazing safety features to keep you safe even in demanding situations.
This high-quality wheelchair features a joy stick that makes it extremely easy to operate because you have one hand free in case you want to stop abruptly.
- Stable rear wheels and two small front wheels for easy maneuverability
- Super stable swing away footrest
- Weighs 50pounds with battery
- Front wheel shock absorber for stability and comfort
- Weight capacity 330 lbs
- Easy to operate
- Very reliable and safe
- Lightweight and easy to fold
- Super strong and durable thanks to the aluminum alloy and premium welds
- There are no complaints yet.
4. Shoprider Sunrunner Four Wheel Electric Mobility Scooter
Shoprider Sunrunner Four Wheel Electric Mobility Scooter is another beautiful folding scooter for adults with 4 wheels for people who want superior stability and luxury at an affordable price.
This lightweight foldable mobility scooter is full of amazing features that make it functional and fun and it’s also able to move and turn safely thanks to the stable four wheels.
- Deluxe sliding and swivel captain seat
- Full tiller shroud
- Wicker basket
- Rear view mirror
- Headlight package
- 300 lbs. Weight capacity
- 5mph speed limit
- It is very affordable
- Easy set up and shipping is very fast
- High quality construction for durability
- The seat adjusts, swivels and there is a headrest for comfort
- Charge goes a long way
- The set up instructions are very poor.
5. BuzzAround Ex Extreme 4-Wheel Heavy Duty Electric Scooters
The BUZZAROUND EX Extreme 4-Wheel Electric Scooter is a compact scooter and also one of the best lightweight mobility scooters in the market.
It is an easy to disassemble scooter for those people who want to travel with it and it comes with 2UI batteries which are industry leading and large for maximum operating range of up to 18miles.
- Ultra-bright LED headlight and taillight
- 330 lbs. Weight capacity
- Large 9’’ tires
- Comfort suspension springs for smooth ride
- Wrap around tiller for an easy driving experience
- Easy to assemble and disassemble for storage
- It charges very fast and stores charge for long
- It’s easy to drive even with one hand
- Limited lifetime warranty
- It is a very heavy scooter.
6. Luggie Compact Electric Folding Scooter for Adults
If you are looking for a scooter that you can be traveling with, the Luggie Compact Electric Folding Mobility Scooter for adults is the perfect choice.
Not only is it really compact and light, it also disassembles pretty quickly for storage.
This lightweight scooter has a set of four wheels so it’s easy to ride and super stable but it also has a thin profile making it easy to move in tight places and indoor use.
- Weight capacity of 300lbs.
- Very light and compact
- Moveable tiller for convenience and comfort
- Very thin profile
- Reverse capability
- Charges fast and holds charge up to 11miles
- Allows easy turns and quick movement
- Simple to set up and use
- Its super comfortable and safe
- It breaks down pretty quickly and the parts are expensive to replace.
Consider This before Buying Handicap Scooters / Mobility Scooters for the Elderly
With all the designs and brands of handicap scooters for sale, it can be a daunting experience to choose the best motorized mobility scooter for adults.
Here are some of the features you should look for when shopping for the right scooter.
1.Â Â Â Â Â Â Wheels
An electric mobility scooter can have three or four wheels depending on what you want. The amount of wheels on a scooter determines how stable and maneuverable it is.
3 wheel scooters offer the best maneuverability which makes them ideal for indoor use and going shopping in a mall.
Four wheel scooters elderly are obviously more stable but they require more room so they are great for outdoor activities and any rough terrain.
2.Â Â Â Â Â Â Portability
Just like wheelchairs, you want something that can be folded quickly and stored at the back of our car when you are traveling.
Unfortunately not all cheap power scooters can be dismantled or folded for storage so one must take this into consideration when shopping.
A foldable electric scooter for adults should be lightweight, easy to fold and with a sealed battery.
3.Â Â Â Â Â Â Weight Capacity
Different wheelchairs and mobility scooters are able to handle only a certain weight ranging from 200 to 300 pounds.
However, there are heavy-duty electric scooters adults for people who weigh more than 300 pounds.
Be sure to buy a scooter that can handle your weight so that it can move comfortably and not breakdown due to excess weight.
4.Â Â Â Â Â Â Battery
How long will you be using the scooter at any particular time? Battery powered mobility scooters come with different battery power that can last from 5 hours to 18 hours.
If you plan to be going outdoors for a long time, you must choose a scooter with a longer battery life as opposed to someone who just uses it for a few hours.
Though the market is full of handicap scooters for sale, it is very important to take your time when buying one for an elderly or disabled person.
The above scooters are some of the best mobility scooter on the market because they are designed to handle more than 300lbs and they come with amazing features that make it easy and fun to ride.
- Best Three Wheel Bikes for Seniors
- Best Wheelchair Carrier For Car
- Foldable Electric Scooter For Elderly
- Best Narrow Walkers For Seniors
- Types Of Walkers For Elderly
- Best Cane For Balance Problems For Seniors
- Best Walking Sticks For Elderly Men
- Trapeze Bar For Bed Mobility