|1. Fitbit||2. Fitbit||3. Samsung|
Well, the best fitness tracker for seniors can do just that and so much more.
As people get old, it’s imperative that someone keeps a closer look at their health because certain diseases tend to creep in with old age.
A fitness tracker for seniors will not only alert the user and their caretaker when something in the body has changed but also help them to stay fit and active.
My top picks
- Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Fitness Wristband.
- Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Samsung Gear Fit2 Smartwatch Large, Black.
- X-CHENG Fitness Tracker- Activity Monitor and Sleeping Management.
- Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch.
What Is A Fitness Tracker?
The most common fitness trackers come in form of wrist watch/band or an ankle bracelet that is remotely connected to your computer or smart phone so you can read your metrics.
The best fitness tracker for seniors use a 3-axis accelerometer to sensor the duration, frequency, intensity and patterns of all your movements during the day in order to come up with concrete data about your health and fitness.
Why Do Seniors Citizen Need Fitness Trackers?
A health tracker for seniors can look like just a waste of money when you have many friends to help you stay fit and active every day.
However, if that is not you, this essential device can become your best friend and competing partner. Here are some other benefits of wearing a fitness tracker for older adults;
It is hard and annoying when someone has to keep tabs on your every move.
With the best fitness tracker for elderly at hand literally, you have something monitoring how active you are, how well you are sleeping, your caloric intake and all those health issues every day without someone pestering you.
The tracker will motivate you to do better and hold you accountable when you are slacking.
2.Â Â Â Â Prevent Major Health Issues.
When something like hypertension, calories, blood sugar and heart rate are caught early, you can prevent a major disaster and even death.
3.Â Â Â Â Safety
While upping your game is always a god thing, sometimes people can push their bodies too far in the name of fitness.
A good fitness tracker for grandma and grandpa can tell you when your heart beat is too high or when you need to slow down so that fitness and safety go hand in hand.
Top 5 Best Fitness Trackers For Seniors 2021
1. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Fitness Wristband- Fitbit For Elderly
Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Fitness Wrist Band (Check It On Amazon.com)Â makes it to the top of this list because it is packed with amazing features to motivate seniors to stay fit.
The fitbit for seniors’ device has a 24 hour tracker to monitor your sleep and heart rate and will even remind you when you have been sedentary for too long.
This wrist band can be connected to your smartphone so it can alert you of any calls, messages or notifications coming in when you are running or walking.
It has the ability to track specific exercises like running, weight lifting, yoga and others and also help you to know where you need to do better.
- Smart track feature for automatic tracking
- Big and clear led display
- Customizable clock faces and changeable wristbands for enhanced personal style
- It’s easy to use
- Durable with long battery life
- Syncs wirelessly to computers and smartphones
- Very comfortable on the wrist
- The alarm vibration is weak and may fail to wake up a heavy sleeper.
2. Fitbit Charge HR Wristband for Seniors
Fitbit Charge HR WristbandÂ (Check It On Amazon.com) for seniors gives you continuous, automatic heart rate monitoring from your wrist and very simplified heart zones so you can know where your body is at.
This easy to use fitness tracker for seniors sensors distance covered, floors climbed, calories burned, steps taken and all your active minutes.
Fitbit Charge HR Wristband is one of the best fitbit for seniors and it gives you access to a world of friends and family you can compete and encourage each other with on the Fitbit leaderboard.
- Bright OLED display that is easy to read
- Silent vibrating alarm after monitoring your sleep
- Purepulse heart rate to automatically and continuously monitor your heart rate
- Exercise mode feature to keep track of real-time and post workout metrics
- You can see all your notifications and calls if you sync with your phone
- You can sync with smartphone, computer and tablets wirelessly
- Water resistant but not swim or shower proof
- Keeps charge up to 5 days
- The screen is tiny and only displays basic information and not details.
3. Samsung Gear Fit2 Smartwatch For Elderly –Large
Samsung Gear Fit2 SmartwatchÂ (Check It On Amazon.com) is one of the best workout wristbands that were made with elderly people in mind because it has a huge rectangular display with big and bold characters that are easy to read.
While it is a very technologically advanced tracker, this wristband works well on its own and doesn’t need a computer or smartphone to read metrics.
- Bold, sharp and colorful 1.5 touchscreen display
- Curved screen that fits comfortably on the wrist
- Water resistant plastic to protect the band from sweat and water
- Built in gps
- Amazing specs like 4gb rom, 512mb ram and dual-core exynos microprocessor
- Recognizes and tracks multiple exercises
- Available in a variety of colors
- Easy to use and read
- It can be synced with any smartphone and computer
- Allows notifications and calls from your phone
- You can store music on the gadget
- It’s not very durable and the battery doesn’t last after charge.
4. X-Cheng Fitness Tracker For Older People
X-CHENG Fitness TrackerÂ (Check It On Amazon.com) features a high-accuracy motion sensor to keep track of your every activity and it’s an easy to use pedometer for elderly people.
It is able to keep track of your steps, distance and calories in and out plus it also monitors your heart rate, sleep, and blood pressure.
- Time and date display
- Alarm function
- Circular hd display with 1.18inch oled touchscreen
- Screen protector and waterproof
- Remote camera
- Find my device
- It looks very fashionable thanks to the circular watch design
- It charges very fast and retains charge for a few days
- Its compatible with all android and ios smartphones
- The tracker will notify you of any incoming calls and messages on your phone
- Alerts you when you have been inactive for too long
- Very comfortable on the wrist and easy to use
- It’s the best waterproof fitness tracker because it can’t get damaged by rain or a little water
- The screen lights up for elderly with poor eyesight
- The tracking device disconnects from the phone often.
5. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch- Large Fitbit For Seniors
True to the Fitbit name, this easy to use fitness tracker for seniors brings innovation and excellence to the table.
It is among the best fitbit for senior citizens because it looks exactly like a wrist watch and it reads time so seniors can just wear it instead of buying a watch.
Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch (Check It On Amazon.com)Â features a huge square display with bright and bold numericals and it fits very comfortably on the wrist.
Most of the operations of this tracker are done on the touchscreen though there are a few buttons on the side and the band can be switched.
- Fitstar to guide you on your workouts and tracks progress
- Exercise feature to monitor every exercise, heart rate and time
- Silent alarm and sleep monitoring
- Notification features for your mobile phone
- Charge lasts up to 5days
- It’s the easiest fitness tracker to use
- Compatible with all devices
- Water resistant but not swimming pool resistant
- Badges for accomplishment on the app
- The battery takes very long to charge.
What To Look Out For When Buying The Best Fitness Tracker For Seniors
It’s very unfortunate that most fitness trackers in the market are not designed for seniors but for young active people.
This means that you can’t just buy any fitbit for elderly you see because there are certain features that elderly people require;
1.Â Â Â Â Ease Of Use
The truth is that most seniors don’t know the first thing about technology so if you give them something high-tech they won’t use it.
The best fitness tracker watch should be straight forward and easy to use with big displays.
2.Â Â Â Â Water Proof
It won’t be a surprise if an elderly person forgets to take off their watch or tracker when taking a shower or swimming.
It is therefore imperative that you by a waterproof device that won’t be damaged by water.
3.Â Â Â Â Durability
Elderly people are not the most careful individuals and they also have grandkids.
Be sure to buy something very durable and with long lasting battery so it won’t have to be replaced every now and then.
4.Â Â Â Â Comfort
A device that has to be won all the time on your hand or leg needs to be very comfortable.
Make sure the band is adjustable and made of a soft comfortable material that won’t irritate the user.
Choosing the best fitness tracker for elderly people must be dictated by the needs of the user and their ability to use technology.
It’s also important to note that though Fitbit has taken the name of the best fitness tracker with heart rate monitor, there are many other companies manufacturing great fitness trackers for seniors.