|1. Playtex||2. Bali||3. Carole Martin|
Best Bras for Older Women: Despite their lack of interest in looking fashionable anymore, elderly women still need to wear comfortable clothing such as bras for support.
However, bras for older ladies are very different from what young ladies wear in that they lack the underwire feature, cleavage allowance and thin straps.
For women over 50 years, bras are no longer a fashion statement but a supportive garment that has to be comfortable, and discreet.
It’s good to remember that elderly women may be having issues with mobility, arthritis and other limitations that may make wearing a bar quite difficult so bras for senior citizens must be easy to put on and off.
My Top 3 Most Comfortable Bras For Older Women.
This choice is based on the overall quality of these bras and other user positive reviews. They will not only fit you well but will offer maximum comfort, Ease in opening and closing, and optimal support.
Check Out your perfect fit here!
- Playtex Women’s Front-Close Bra with Flex Back. (Check it On Amazon.com)
- Bali Women’s Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra (Check it On Amazon.com).
- Glamorise Full Figure Wonderwire Front Close Bra (Check it On Amazon.com)
Check More selection and reviews below
Why Elderly Women Need To Wear Comfortable Bras For Seniors.
If you were to ask any lady, they would prefer to stay without a bra because they are uncomfortable and restraining.
Unfortunately, these small undergarments are a necessary evil especially for older women who have met the full wrath of gravity and muscle weakness.
Here are top reasons to wear an old lady bra;
- As stated above, old age is accompanied by extreme gravity and weakness of muscles and breasts are usually the worst affected. A good bra for seniors provides the necessary support to ensure breasts are in place and they don’t sag aimlessly.
- No matter how bad your breasts may look, the best bras for older women will give you a nice shape and lift so you can still look presentable and wear nice clothes.
- Letting the breasts roam free for long in that age will more often than not cause chest and back pain. The only solution to that is to wear comfortable bras for seniors so the breasts are lifted up and supported.
- It’s very uncomfortable to do any physical activity with your breasts dangling and it doesn’t look good either.
Types Of Bras For Older Women
1. Sports Bras.
Sports bras for older women are not just for going jogging or to the gym. They are perfectly fine to wear on any normal day under your clothes.
The main advantage of sports bras for elderly with arthritis is that they are breathable and light so you feel very comfortable instead of restrained.
They also don’t have thin straps or hooks so they are easy to wear and take off.
Here is my recommended Padded Sports Bras for Women.
2. Push-Up Bras.
Any woman who wants to add a lift or volume to their breasts picks a nice push up bra.
The cups of pushup bras for elderly women are closer together and fuller so your breasts look bigger and better.
Try this Women Underwire Push-up Bra for Plus Size .
3. Padded Bras.
Padded bras for elderly breasts are extremely comfortable and warm on your chest. They make your boobs look a bit fuller but not too much.
They are perfect for people with small breasts and winter. check this Women’s Cloud 9 Wire-Free Padded Bra out!
4. Bralette Bra.
This type looks and feels a lot like a sports bra except they have adjustable straps and bands and their neckline is a bit lower to expose more cleavage.
These Bralette Bras are extremely comfortable and fashionable as well.
5. Wireless Bras.
The last thing elderly women want is a thin wire pinching their under boob. Wireless bras for older sagging breasts are amazing for seniors because they are comfortable.
Here is my recommended Front Opening Full Coverage Wirefree Bra
Consider This Before Buying The Best Bras For Older Women
Wearing the right bra is very important to ensure you are comfortable all day long. Here are some of the features one should look for when choosing the best bras for seniors;
1. Front Closing Feature
Trying to fasten those hooks on the back of a bra can be really difficult for elderly women. A bra that closes from the front is therefore very good because it’s easy to wear and take off.
2. Adjustable Straps
Everybody needs to adjust their bra straps every once in a while. However, bras for older ladies should be adjusted from the front where it is easy for them to reach even if they have less dexterity.
3. Back Support
Old age brings with it weird things like bending, hunching over and rounding over the shoulders.
The best bra for elderly women should have great back support to enable the elderly person to sit or stand upright so their spine can straighten up and avoid all those physical changes.
4. Soft and Comfortable
Whichever type of bra or bra alternatives for elderly you choose; you must ensure the fabric is soft and comfortable.
The bra must be wire-free with thick comfortable straps because elderly people are very sensitive.
Top 5 Best Bras For Older Women 2020
1. Playtex Women’s Front-Close Bra with Flex Back
Number one this review is an amazing bra from Playtex, a reputable and well established company in front closing bras for elderly and everyday inner wear.
This Playtex Women’s Front-Close Bra with Flex Back (Get it On Amazon.com) is a beautiful and it’s made of elastic and polyester and the frame is wire-free so it’s very comfortable.
The bra is suitable for elderly women because it has larger and easier to close hooks and eyes and it doesn’t dig onto your shoulders or any other sensitive areas.
- Hook and eye function
- Adjustable wide straps
- Extra padding on the back
- Beautiful floral design
- Breathable mesh paneling
- Crisscross elastic back
- It’s very comfortable and you can adjust the straps
- Padded cushion straps puts less strain on your neck and shoulders
- Available in many colors
- Crosses from the front so it’s easy to wear and take off
- The straps and cups are very beautiful
- Very discreet under clothes
- The bottom of the front closure keeps digging into your skin
2. Bali Women’s Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra
Bali Women’s Comfort Revolution Bra (Get it On Amazon.com) is without a doubt one of the best bras for older women in the market.
The bra is designed to provide optimum comfort without compromising support at all.
According to customers who have bought it, this Bali bra is among the most comfortable bra for older women, you don’t even feel like you are wearing anything.
It gives your breasts the support they need without lifting them too much or adding too much volume and weight.
- Front closure for easy fastening
- Wide back for back smoothing
- Stretch foam cups for flexibility and comfort
- Front adjustable straps
- Comfortable underwire
- They should be hand-washed
- The bra is incredibly beautiful thanks to the tonal pattern
- Easy to wear and take off
- Very affordable
- Very discreet under shirts
- The front closure is designed in such a way that it doesn’t dig into your chest
- It is easily ruined by a dryer so you should hand on the line to dry.
3. Carole Martin Women’s Full-Freedom Front Closure Comfort Bra
Women who have big busts and don’t want any more padding will love this Carole Martin Women’s Full-Freedom Bra (Get it On Amazon.com).
It is a wire-free unpadded bra designed to give you maximum comfort and support.
This full-freedom comfort bra is made with a mixture of spandex and nylon so it has a unique multi-directional stretch and gives you a smooth fit.
The extra wide straps are not only very comfortable but they also help to reduce back and shoulder strain making it the best bra for over 60.
- Wire-free and unpadded
- Front hook and eye closure for easy-off and on
- Extra wide straps
- Stretch quilted fabric
- The bra is light and comfortable you don’t feel like you are wearing a bar
- Gives you the support you need and reduce back strain
- Silky smooth fit under shirts
- Makes a great sleep bra
- It doesn’t feel tight and restricting
- Front closure digs into your skin
- Not a great deal of support or lift
4. Hanes Women’s Cozy Seamless Wire-Free Bra.
Elderly women want comfortable bras for old ladies that are easy to wear, easy to fit and feels just right.
This Hanes Women’s Cozy Seamless Wire-Free Bra (Get it On Amazon.com) is just that and more because it’s a pull over style that’s easy to wear and take off.
Instead of you struggling to fit into a bra, this one shapes to fit you thanks to the ComfortFlex Fit 4-way stretch fabric.
The smart sizing makes it very easy for anyone to find their perfect bra and it fits 72% of the time.
- Soft, all-round seamless bra
- Comfortflex fit stretch fabric
- Full coverage cups
- Wide bottom band and straps
- Wireless design
- It’s very easy to wear and fit
- Comfortable and light on your breasts
- Provides great support for your breasts and back
- The wide band and straps are very comfortable and don’t dig into your skin
- The stitching is done very well
- Quite affordable
- The bra has very minimal padding.
5. Glamorise Women’s Full Figure Wonderwire Front Close Bra.
Since 1921, Glamorise has been doing nothing else but making the most comfortable bras for elderly full figure women.
This Glamorise Wonderwire Front Close Bra (Get it On Amazon.com) is no exception as it offers amazing support and comfort all day.
Though the bra has an underwire, it is designed with a cushioned support band that hides the wire away from the body so you never have to feel it.
It is one of the best front closure bras for seniors that not only feels good but looks beautiful as well.
- Beautiful stetch lace on top of the cups
- Wide cushioned shoulder straps
- Padded underwire
- Moisture wicking fabric on the bottom cups
- The front closure makes it easy to wear and take off
- The moisture wicking fabric keeps your dry and cool even when you sweat
- Side smoothing shape makes your shape flattering
- It can be hand washed
- The seam on the front will show if you wear a thin top.
As you choose the best bras for older women, make sure to get the fit right using a tape measure instead of assuming.
Even the best bras for seniors in the wrong size can be very uncomfortable so it’s important to get it just right.